AeroPilates

Fitness is the first requisite of happiness. In order to achieve happiness, it is imperative to gain mastery of your body. If at the age of 30 you are stiff and out of shape, you are old. If at 60 you are supple and strong then you are young."  - Joseph Pilates

There is unfortunately a problem with our 21st century lifestyle which has become more and more sedentary. Many of us move only from our bed to the kitchen table, the office desk to the car, to the couch and finally back to bed.

We wonder why we feel sluggish, stiff and depressed.

The reformer was his brilliant solution to retraining the body to move the right way by supporting the spine in the supine position while simulating standing patterns. It replaces over 20 peices of conventional gym equipment, but in a manner so profound that the reformer is now becoming the natural choice for athletes, celebrities and sports professionals.

Research is now backing up what devotees have known for decades. AeroPilates is hugely effective at changing the body for the better.

In a research study where participants exercised 3 times a week for 4 weeks, average aerobic endurance increased by 17%,  strength to body weight ratio increased by 31% and endurance increased by 25% - All remarkable results.

Even more effective than a treadmill

Watch this video and see how using the cardio rebounder is more effect than both running on a treadmill or using an elliptical cross trainer.

Scientists have concluded that a reformer is the best way to burn calories and loose weight.

It didn't end there, average flexibility in the hips increase by 8% and for the lower back the result was an impressive 22%. Best still core strength, now considered critical for overall body function increased by a massive 30% and stress, a major aging factor reduced by 42% on average. Joseph Pilates was surely right when he said that his method was "the fountain of youth".

"Fitness is the first requisite of happiness. In order to achieve happiness, it is imperative to gain mastery of your body. If at the age of 30 you are stiff and out of shape, you are old. If at 60 you are supple and strong then you are young."  - Joseph Pilates